Sidwell FC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sidwell FC Forum

A place to discuss related to Sidwell FC and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Refs Comments From Moorings Game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NobbyNurse
Captain
Captain
NobbyNurse

Refs Comments From Moorings Game Empty
PostSubject: Refs Comments From Moorings Game   Refs Comments From Moorings Game Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Lads i thought you might want to see this.......The following was written to the league by the ref from our last game against Moorings, and thought it was a nice touch. The letter was printed in the Woolwich and Eltham Sunday Football Alliance newsletter for this month.

Hi Mike
You may be interested in the following article for your newsletter. Just want to give some credit where it is due:

Pat on the back for Division Three
As an occasional referee in the Woolwich and Eltham league who only officiates when my own club do not have a fixture, I find myself approaching games with some trepidation. The game handed to me on the 19 April was no different and matters were made worse when I realised that one team needed three points to secure the league title. I had been hoping for a typical end of season affair where everyone trots around looking forward to the summer break. I need not have worried.

The game was a division three fixture between Moorings Social and Sidwell. It turned out to be a great contest. Despite the high pace of the game, I saw no dangerous play. Every tackle was a genuine attempt to play the ball and the couple of free kicks I awarded were for slightly mis-timed challenges. I would like to congratulate both teams and their managers' for showing a degree of sportsmanship sadly lacking in some games. Everyone from the goalkeepers through to the assistant referees contributed to a good, honest game of football. Both teams also produced some football that would have been at home in the Senior or Premier Division. A most enjoyable 90 minutes for me as a referee. In case you're wondering who won - well, football of course.

Vinny Jukes
Secretary of Red Star Northfield and occasional referee
Back to top Go down
http://www.sidwellfc.co.uk

Refs Comments From Moorings Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sidwell FC Forum :: General-
Jump to: