Sidwell FC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sidwell FC Forum

A place to discuss related to Sidwell FC and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NobbyNurse
Captain
Captain
NobbyNurse

Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08 Empty
PostSubject: Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08   Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 am

Lads i thought i would bring you upto date on what has happened tonight at the league meeting. First of all the thing that will effect us most that was brought up is: you can not use the word CUNT at all from now on in any form during the game. This will result in an immediate RED card, Even if you say 'oh cunt!' when you make a mistake.

They are about to introduce a fair play league in the next year, and we are one of a few clubs to contribute so far in 4 weeks in over 60 yellow cards and 12 red cards.

The big news of the night was that we had to have an extraordinary meeting prior the first meeting. This meeting lasted 45 minutes and i would like your feed back on whether us as a club have made the right descision. The meeting was regarding a club called Rose Inn FC in the Senior Division. During the first week of the season Rose Inn played FC Melbourne at Charlton Park. During this game there was an incident in which action by the league has been taken. There were several written reports from both teams, two independant teams on other pitches, the ref, and misconduct secretary that was watching. Basically a Melbourne player was punched in an incident off the ball in which the melbourne player retaliated with a punch back. The Rose Inn player then wrestled the Melbourne player to the ground before throwing upto 12 punches in the Melbourne players face. A Rose team member pulled his team mate off of the Melbourne player only for another Rose player to come up and kick the Melbourne player on the ground in the head. This resulted in a team punch up and also the misconduct secretary stated that he had a punch thrown at him with his wife with him. The two teams from the opposite pitches both stated that a Rose Inn player run to the sideline and pulled a knife out of his bag. This incident was never reported to the police which raised a few concerns from the floor. The fight broke up for the game to then be abandoned by the ref and FC Melbourne.

The meeting was called to ballot whether to expell Rose from the league. It was a secret ballot and as a club i felt from my point of view on safety of players and others it was right to expell the club. Rose Inn did represent theirselves but could only gaureentee the expulsion of the two players of the assualt. Please also note this was the Rose Inn's first game in this league and a rumour has it that the team use to play as the Greyhound that was also banned for violence. The board also stated that the secretary/manager had stated to the league that he could not control his players. The knife incident was never proved, but member clubs of same league stated they would not turn up to play the Rose Inn if they were allowed to stay.

The vote went ahead and out of 45 clubs, 40 voted them out including ourselves. What do you think?

Now to some good news the league are offering some coaching associated with Charlton Athletic (Bob Petit) and will start around December. The coaching is a new scheme that is UEFA and FA approved for local level offering the same badge level system. The coaching will be mainly designed for defending/attacking corners, set pieces, and more. If anyone is interested please let me know, and the league will add more info to the Mitoo website.

Also we play away to Danson Albion in the 2nd round of the Knockout Cup on the 2nd November following our impressive 7-3 win over Clifton.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sidwellfc.co.uk
Cabbie
Reserves
Reserves
Cabbie

PostSubject: Re: Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08   Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Its what sunday morning footballs all about, its why we play.......

Tell em to play us in a friendly we'll sort em out and they'll volunteer to leave the league!!!

As for coaching sounds good stick me and dicky down for it.
Back to top Go down
Michael
Admin
Admin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08   Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Yeah I would be interested in the coaching.

If they started we got a secret weapon!!! Stick stinkbomb on front line.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.SIDWELLFC.CO.UK
Mark(konchesky/claus/brow
Waterboy
Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08   Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:55 pm

ill have the coachig mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08   Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woolwich & Eltham League Meeting 6th October 08
Page 1 of 1