Sidwell FC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sidwell FC Forum

A place to discuss related to Sidwell FC and more

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NobbyNurse
Captain
Captain
NobbyNurse

Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell Empty
PostSubject: Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell   Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 pm

11 Captains was the call from Manager Mark Caldecourt following Chris Wiltshire's decision to hand back the captaincy. Pete Wyeth took the armband for the day which began in a mix match mood following one win and one loss. Today we was up against the league leaders, and league favourites Sporting St George.
The first half was a complete contrast in the two teams play, Sporting St George choose the direct approach with the long ball to the forwards whereas Sidwell showed there footballing talent by keeping the ball down and playing neat crisp passing. The defence were kept busy with the constant bombardment of the long ball over the top, and Peter Helps was cautioned on the half hour for dissent following his frustration after some poor decisions from the ref, but he put in another splendid performance at right back to make the position his own, as did Sidwell stand in left full back Tim Andrews.
St George made the breakthrough just before half time when a dubious penalty was awarded against Dave Martin for hand ball on the edge of the area under an aerial challenge. St George centre back and skipper converted the penalty neatly into the bottom left hand corner of the net leaving Owen rooted to the spot, having no chance.
1-0 down at half time Sidwell rallied the troops and took the game to Spoting St George in the second half. Around the 60 minute mark a corner from St George was cleared with Craig Liasi chasing the length of the pitch focing an error by the St George's right back playing the ball back to his goalkeeper. Dan Wilson anticipated the error and moved into the space and composed himself to side foot the ball into the top right hand corner of the net. Back in the game and a feeling they could go onto win, Sidwell conceded a corner against the run of play. From the resulting corner St George went back into the lead with a lovely struck volley from some poor marking. 2-1 down and heading towards our second successive defeat hope was fading but still Sidwell pushed for the equaliser. With 3 minutes to go, Tom Smith, who was very strong on the day winning everything in the air, headed a George goal kick back high towards goal. The keeper let it bounce for Mark Caldecourt, who run all the way from the middle of the park to head over the advancing keeper to rescue a point for the hard working Sidwell team, and Mark himself getting his reward for keeping on running. The celebrations were like we had won the league title and was justifiably deserved, and the celebrations continued long into the night.

Team
Connelly, Helps, Wyeth, Liasi, Andrews, Newman (Court), Caldecourt, Martin, Mcgill, Smith, Wilson

MOM
Dan 'Nobby' Wilson
[img]Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell 03010[img]

Last edited by NobbyNurse on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sidwellfc.co.uk
Michael
Admin
Admin
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell   Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:25 pm

Grammar not your strong point Nobby. If you want send it to me before and I will proof read it for you.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.SIDWELLFC.CO.UK
NobbyNurse
Captain
Captain
NobbyNurse

PostSubject: Re: Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell   Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 7:42 am

i was pissed when i wrote it so will edit it at work today, i left out a lot of stuff. take the piss again and i'll cut ya!

Then i'll send it drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.sidwellfc.co.uk
Mark(konchesky/claus/brow
Waterboy
Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell   Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 8:52 pm

nice one nobby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell   Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sporting St George 2 - 2 Sidwell
Page 1 of 1